Welcome to Mynx Academy!
We are thrilled to announce that after a nearly 4 month hiatus due to COVID-19, Mynx Academy is reopened as of July 1st, 2020! We are currently open for members only group classes, private classes, and one hour parties. All drop ins for beginner or member's classes are suspended indefinitely. If you would like to learn how to become a member or have any other questions please contact Michelle directly at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Keeping ourselves, loved ones, and each other safe and healthy are our top priorities. We are adhering to the following guidelines until further notice:
- Classes will be limited to 7 students each. This will keep it at 2 people per pole, including the instructor.
- We are suspending use of yoga mats, blocks, and straps temporarily.
- Each student will get their own clean pole towel for each class that will be placed in the dirty container at the end of each class.
- Please enter only through the back door and exit only through the front door.
- For the remainder of phase 1 most classes will be 50 minutes long to allow for sanitizing between classes. Please arrive between 5-20 minutes before your scheduled class time so that everyone enters class at the same time. No late arrivals please.
- Please do not attend if you are running a fever, coughing, experiencing shortness of breath, chills, loss of taste or smell, or suspicious muscle aches
- Masks are required for entry. Please make sure your mask is worn and properly covering your nose and mouth. If you do not have a mask, please help yourself to one we have available .
- There will be hand sanitizer for your convenience upon entry. Please use it.
- There is tape on the floor to assist in maintaining distance from one another.
- Please do not touch the poles in this room. We realize how hard that is and we appreciate your restraint.
- Please place your street shoes and anything else you do not need for class in a bag of your own .You are welcome to use the changing room (Yes, that's new!) if you need to change. Please keep your mask on.
- Once your instructor is ready to let you into the main room, please enter while maintaining distance and allow the instructor to check your temperature with our no touch thermometer. Then proceed one at a time to the restroom to wash your hands and place your bags in a cubby in the front lobby.
- You will be given your own clean pole towel and alcohol. Please bring your own grips if possible. We do have some grips available for purchase as well.
- You will be assigned a pole with a maximum of one other person. There is tape on the floor so that everyone has a designated spot to stand when you are waiting your turn.
- Masks may be temporarily removed in order to drink water while standing on your spot. Please spray your hands with the alcohol after doing so. Hand sanitizer can be slippery with pole so that should only be used in the back room upon arrival and before leaving.
- Once class is dismissed everyone may place their towel in the dirty basket, grab their belongings, and exit through the front door while maintaining appropriate distance. If you are attending classes back to back, please remain in the main room in your space or in the lobby during sanitation.
- Thank you so much for your support and cooperation! I realize this may seem like a lot. The safety and health of our students and instructors and their families and loved ones is of utmost importance to us. We will continue to follow the advice of experts and scientists as we continue to adapt and navigate these difficult times. .
The Michelle Mynx Academy of Pole Dance does not discriminate on the basis of nationality, race, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, body type, sex worker status, or religion.
Racism, homophobia, transphobia, xenophobia, ableism, sex shaming, sex work shaming, or body shaming are not welcome here and will not be tolerated. Please join us in our celebration of strength and beauty in all its splendid forms.
— Michelle Mynx